Product Reviews > Kayaks > Swift > Adirondack 13.6 Classic Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Adirondack 13.6 Classic Kayak by Swift

Adirondack 13.6 Classic Kayak by Swift

Length: 13' 6" - Width: 27.50" - Starting at: $2495.00
See More Details about this Kayak
Swift Logo

01-06-2010
Submitted by: Alex TSend Email

I have the Kevlar model. I agree with the first review completely. I regret not having the skeg which I could have used on tours, however I was able to manage this very stable boat even fully loaded in windy 7 ft waves. - Swift will add this later for me if I want. Since I am very tall, I have to have the large cockpit, which has turned out to have a number of other advantages: easy to portage; I can use this boat on canoe routes no problem; easy access from docks and ladders and granite; easy access to camera food and extra clothing on day trips; emergency access from the water is relatively simple. At 34lbs the Kevlar version is one of the lightest tour-able boats on the market - throw it on the roof and paddle for an hour if you want as well. It was no problem carrying gear for a 4 day trip as well. I just love this kayak!!

09-17-2005
Submitted by: A. G.Send Email

Dave Yost has done it again with the Swift Adirondack 13.6 It paddles like a canoe, and has a deck! It has a cockpit big enough to bring your dog, a bunch of gear, and still have room to move. The boat is very stable, tracks well without a skeg, tracks like it's on rails with the skeg down, and has unbelievable glide. It's like the energizer bunny... just keeps going and going. It handles small waves with ease and is almost unaffected by wind. I've spent almost three hours in the boat at one time with no discomfort. It's not quite as fast as a full length (17'+) boat, but gets under way with a minimum of effort and once up to speed, requires little to keep it moving along nicely (me, dog & gear by the way = 240 lbs). I've been paddling canoes and kayaks for 40+ years, and this is one sweet boat! Guaranteed...if you paddle it, you'll love it.

YakGrips: