Product Reviews > Canoes > Upper Canada Paddles > Upper Canada 16 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Upper Canada 16 Canoe by Upper Canada Paddles

Rated: 7.67/10 Based On: 6 Reviews

Canoes
Research Canoes in the Buyers' Guide!

Select Canoe to View in Buyers' Guide

09-12-2012
Submitted by: WaltSend Email

I Like the boat for the price. Very durable; did the Churchill R in Labrador with it, not great in rapids over class 2, but very stable; great starter boat, price is right; sleek as well, cuts the water nicely; only problem is weight, bit on the heavy side and the yoke is uncomfortable.

08-09-2010
Submitted by: pbSend Email

Rock and roll! To me, the shape of this canoe is allowing it to glide big time on calm water, i been riding it in R3 and I would say that the canoe nose dosen't surf well on wave but it remain maneuverable even when full of gear, but deam it's so heavy ,ended up buying a bugguy to carry it... oh by the way the floor is weak in the center, I createt the first bump only by carrying it on my buggy, kevlar made a nice job at front and back to give it more structural integrity for epic adventure...I paid 400$- the best deal I found.

07-16-2007
Submitted by: GordoSend Email

Bought this boat as a cheap beater... and have learned to love it. Good stability & handles well... for a 70lb boat. Paddled my buddy's 16' Evergreen Prospector in Royalex, and this boat handles just as well or better. The irony is I paid 1/2 what he did. 3layer poly layup is tough as nails, and pleasantly rigid compared to other poly boats I've paddled. Scratches? who cares, I'll be putting a lot more on shortly.

06-04-2007
Submitted by: B

For the price it is a decent boat. It is heavy and it does show wear after a few uses. Great for the cottage or recreational user.
If you want a new boat on the cheap, I would recommend this one, but if you have the money to spend on this, you can get a much better used boat.

03-26-2007
Submitted by: JasonSend Email

I have no complaints with this canoe. It sits on the beach when not in use and haven't noticed much wear on it. It is light and floats nicely on the river. It is also stable when bigger waves hit it. Paddle it is nice to I have my 10 paddle it by himself and he wasn't struggling at all.

07-11-2005

A nice cheap stable canoe from Canadian Tire for under $800. But the plastic hull shows wear after only 3 trips to a local lake. Even the sand beach causes wear. Needs rub plates or something to keep the hull intact. A bit heavy at 64 lbs. but as a tandem for fishing - it's great! The web seats are comfortable and sit low enough that you maintain good stability. If it lasts me 5 years I'll be happy.