Product Reviews > Accessories > Lotus Designs Rio Pro PFD Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Lotus Designs Rio Pro PFD

Research PFDs (Life Jackets) in the Buyers' Guide!
PFDs (Life Jackets)
View PFDs (Life Jackets) in Buyers' Guide

05-24-2005

My search for the "perfect all around PFD for kayaking" looks like it may have reached a conclusion with this beauty. The quality of construction and the attention to detail made it shine. I paddle mostly, touring kayaks, but do wander into a whitewater boat when I can. This PFD has fit any cockpit I've tried, the high cut back panel seems to clear any backband/coaming configuration out there. The main attraction for me is the integrated quick release "tow/rescue" harness. I tried numerous water entries and found that this PFD always ended up leaving me face up (preferred). About the only drawback on this unit is the lack of a pocket that will fit a VHF radio. Oh, you get the really cool "Lotus Designs" logo on the back along with ample reflective striping.