Product Reviews > Kayaks > Perception > Caster 11.5 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Caster 11.5 Kayak by Perception

Rated: 8.5/10 Based On: 2 Reviews

08-01-2006

1-10 ratings are useless.. but if I must I will give it an 8. I paddled this boat for a short time (about 20 minutes) during a "Demo Day" very calm day, bay was nice and flat. Impressed with the materials and hardware, nice finish looked well made. Didnt have that "sluggish" feeling that I would have expected, paddled nice and easy.. again I was impressed given the boats dimensions.

Layout didnt fit me at all, all the areas that would fit rod holders etc way out of reach. Rroomy cockpit, flat and wide foot space. I paddeled it just because I could, I am not in the market for a boat like this.. I was pleasently surprized.. if I WAS looking for this type of boat, it might have been a strong contender, though I have not paddled its alternatives i.e. WS tarpon 12, Drifter, Manta Ray 12 etc...

04-29-2005
Submitted by: CDSend Email

I've been paddling for about 5 years. After a serious car wreck I found getting into/out of my Acadia to be too difficult. I bought the Caster 11.3 sit-on-top for ease of use and found it to be better than the Acadia! Yesterday, a buddy and I went out to the lake and I tried his Perception Swing, the Caster tracked better and was FASTER!(?) Perception has dialed it in, the Caster is lighter, faster and more comfortable than anything they've made previously. They're also made better than their competition.

Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!
Rendezvous River Sports