Product Reviews > Canoes > Evergreen Canoe Co. > Starburst Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Starburst Canoe by Evergreen Canoe Co.

Rated: 9.33/10 Based On: 3 Reviews

Canoes
Research Canoes in the Buyers' Guide!

Select Canoe to View in Buyers' Guide

06-16-2009
Submitted by: Adrian

I've taken her out on the river, and its been amazing. This boat will take you wherever you choose, and will turn fast enough to make your head spin. The secondary stability is great and it side-slips like a dream. It is also a very dry ride (my wife's favourite feature) even through respectable class III waves. I'd still want a little more rigidity in the hull for a perfect score, but I don't think there's a boat out there I'd rather have.

05-23-2009
Submitted by: Adrian

Recently got this boat, haven't got on the river yet but I can't wait. Paddled it on a few flatwater trips and I love it. Faster than I expected in the flat, but it does take constant attention to keep it straight.

I turns on a dime if you ask it, even easier than my previous boat (16' Nova Prospector). Got to get out on the river and see how it handles the waves. My only concern is that the hull seems somewhat more flexible than I'm used to. Personally I'd be happy to trade 6-8lb for more rigidity, but I'm big enough to carry that too.

04-25-2005
Submitted by: DougSend Email

This boat was known as the Blue Hole Cumberland but is now produced by Evergreen. This boat is a white water tripping canoe. 26" bow depth, 15.5" center depth and significant rocker make this one dry ride. For its size the boat is very responsive. People often complain that it's a dog on the flats but I find its speed across the flats acceptable. Compared to Old Town Trippers, Mad River Revelation, and Swift Dumoine, I could not be happier with this boat.