Product Reviews > Canoes > Souris River Canoes > Jensen Solo 16 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Jensen Solo 16 Canoe by Souris River Canoes

Canoes
Research Canoes in the Buyers' Guide!

Select Canoe to View in Buyers' Guide

12-28-2004
Submitted by: TomSend Email

I think it's a discontinued model...I got mine in Madison around 5-7 years ago at Carl's. The boat was intended to be my one hot rod solo that didn't have to turn well. It fits that need well. This boat has zero rocker and it just hums along. 29 pounds, 1 sheet of kevlar with some big ribs in the floor, and black aluminum trim. Seems plenty sturdy and it's fun to see the waterline through the hull. Nice boat to use since I've had some back problems since it's light to grab and load and also easy to push through the water. It's a low volume boat but can still take the dog. It turns OK...needs some room, but is always predictable and will not scare you (unlike some other straight line missiles). It's a great boat for windy days on a lake...it ignores wind and just drives through waves. When the waves get big enough then you get wet and nervous...because it really does drive right through waves...the bow does not rise. Overall I'd give it a 10 as a hot rod (I'm perfectly happy with it and have no intention of selling it)...I just generally prefer a boat that can also be freestyled a bit. I also consider this my secret kayak since it's perfect for doublebladed use and I've already had a real kayaker tell me that it's fast for a kayak...and there's room for the dog.