Product Reviews > Kayaks > Hobie Cat Company > Lanai Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Lanai Kayak by Hobie Cat Company

Lanai Kayak by Hobie Cat Company

Length: 9' 0" - Width: 30.00" - Starting at: $599.00
See More Details about this Kayak
Hobie Cat Company Logo

01-13-2009

This will be my second year owning this kayak. I got it mainly for the larger waves, just going out and playing around. It handles great on the large swells and turns fast. Adding the knee straps to it this year.

11-20-2008

The Hobie Lanai at 9 feet long is a lot of boat for the money, hauling deep cycle batteries back and forth from a sailboat without 1 tip over also a stable platform for fishing. I've been at least a mile out in the middle of the night on it on occasion and have felt safe aboard it. I've had it for over five years now and have rigged it with a removable transom for an electric motor of 40 lbs thrust and it handles great under power or paddle. The Hobie is not the fastest hull I've owned (and I've had many), but all in all its been my best for haulability, stability and fishability. All in all great boat.

11-14-2004
Submitted by: melodySend Email

I tried many kayaks before purchasing the Hobie Lanai. This boat is small and swift, it turns on a dime yet is stable. It easily fits on top of my 3 series BMW, and handles as well as the car. It is a true "sports car" of the kayak world.

Rendezvous River Sports