Product Reviews > Kayaks > Heritage Kayaks > Fisherman Pro 14 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Fisherman Pro 14 Kayak by Heritage Kayaks

Kayaks Image Kayaks Image Kayaks Image Kayaks Image

07-08-2008
Submitted by: DRBSend Email

This is an extremely fast kayak. If I'm paddling with a group they have a hard time keeping up with me even when I'm barely paddling. It is also very stable and manueverable. I've had it through tough class 2 rapids that I don't attempt in my Old Town canoe.

On the negative side, the hatches are way too small. The low spot behind the seat means water flows over the rear end and enters the seat area. The seat is narrow and too deep. I didn't realize how uncomfortable it would be until I took it out for the first time on a long day of fishing. It felt like a torture chamber.

08-21-2007
Submitted by: David LozanoSend Email

Took it out twice now. The foot pegs broke off in the second hour first trip. Second trip the hardware that holds the seat in broke. The hardware was cheap soft plastic.It was stable and fast but hard to paddle when the seat is sliding . I was 3 miles out on a lake when things started to go wrong.
Summary: stable and fast. cheap hardware.

10-22-2004
Submitted by: RWHSend Email

This Yak is fast and very stable. I've spent about 100 hr. in it now and other than a 5' surf catching the front, I've never tipped it. I didn't think speed would be a factor for me but when you find you have drifted a few miles, it's nice to get back with a minimum of effort.

I'd give it a 10 but because of the low area right behind the seat, you are almost guaranteed a wet bottom. It also is a little short on room but thatís a trade off I'm willing to make given all the pluses. Try one out; I think you'll like it.

Rendezvous River Sports