Product Reviews > Kayaks > Perception > Eclipse 15.0 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Eclipse 15.0 Kayak by Perception

09-03-2004

I have just returned from the 32nd voyage with the eclipse, we have had some very interesting weather this year and I have had the opportunity to sample many different conditions. The bottom line is I trust the boat. I am 6 ft 200 lbs and have no trouble with the fit but in all honesty when you are paying this much for a kayak you have probably tried it on for fit and maybe even taken it out for a test drive, but you are not going to really know till it has been put to to test. and if you can't trust what you are riding in,you will not be happy. Wwith the eclipse I just drop rudder and go. I have been out with some large groups---it runs with the big dawgs.

There are only two small things I would like improved, first is the problem of the neoprene over hard cover hatches, the neoprene can be difficult to get back on especially in a pounding surf, an age old problem.the second is the cockpit coaming edge, the side over the thigh support is a bit sharp and needed to be smoothed down.

Other than that it is a great kayak and i would recommend it.

Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!
Rendezvous River Sports