Product Reviews > Accessories > Werner Corryvrecken Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Werner Corryvrecken

Werner Paddles Logo
See Products from Werner Paddles in the Buyers' Guide!
Werner Paddles in the Buyers' Guide:
  • Touring Kayak Paddles
  • SUP Paddles
  • Whitewater Kayak Paddles

07-26-2013

I have been using a Werner Corryvrecken all carbon fiber paddle for about 4 years. I abuse it to no end. I have never been afraid to use it to push off rocks when launching, landing, or just in water that's really too bony to float over. Even so it has survived tremendously. In fact after four years I did manage to break it... not by paddling though... I dropped my kayak on it and snapped the shaft in two. I love the paddle so much I immediately purchased another one. Go Corryvrecken!

06-29-2009
Submitted by: RobertSend Email

I have owned my Corryvrecken for about two years and use to to paddle my scupper pro. I paddle at least once a week to go spearfishing. The Corryvrecken does the job but when I really want to move I use my Werner Molokai paddle. They look identical but the slight difference in design makes the Molokai really grabs the water and moves you. Paddle for paddle the Molokai is a better paddle if your strong enough to use it. When I am not feeling up to it, I use my Corryvrecken which gets me there.

11-20-2008
Submitted by: Ton BrouwersSend Email

I bought the glassblade Corryvrecken (straight shaft 215 cm) a few weeks ago and used it for touring (about 150 km total) and for river racing (about 10 km). I was very satisfied with the feel during racing. I think it's a good paddle for stronger paddlers (big blades!). It's very light and has a nice catch.

There are a few disadvantages:
- not suitable for rocky whitewater (tips of blades are not reinforced with kevlar or metal).
- the joint of the two paddle parts has too much tolerance. The joint is not stiff.
- the price is too high (I paid 300 Euro's) for this paddle.

When I need a new paddle I'll probably look for another one.

08-21-2008

Just an update to my previous review. I've used the Corryvrecken for a couple of years now and I still love it. I've had to have shoulder surgery from an old baseball injury an without the Corryvrecken, I wouldn't have been able to get back on the water as quickly as I have. This paddle has taught me how to properly feather a paddle (thanks to the bent shaft) and it has held up well to the myriad of beach landings and launches. My wife is now looking for one for herself.
Great paddle, wouldn't leave shore without it.

11-08-2007

I got a full carbon, cranked shaft at 210cm and at 800g love this paddle, it is superb in every way! I now paddle on the 45 degree feather (so I get no minor confusion when rolling LH forward as this feather is the same as my WW boat)and the paddle weighs virtually nothing yet has a super clean catch and exit from the water, very little splash. It suits my build and I can put down the power when needed.

The build quality is utterly brilliant and Werner should be recognized as "the best" in my opinion! (My "spare" is a 210cm, Glass bladed Lendal Kinetic Touring which is also very good, but the paddle blade area is less and the build quality not on par with Werner IMHO). Well worth the money...

09-05-2006

The Werner Corryvrecken paddle is a superior high angle paddle that is great for flat-water speed. A larger blade than many other Werner paddles, including the more forgiving Shuna, the Corryvrecken is the paddle of choice for moving the aqua. A fine choice for rapid and workout paddles, my Corryvrecken is the fiberglass model, with transparent thin blades and the adjustable ferrule which is a Godsend on windy days to adjust your feather; the wind likes to catch the generous blades as much as the water. Feathering can become mandatory, and for those that prefer a nonfeathered paddle, this might not be a good choice in windy conditions. My shaft is straight and I find this very comfortable on my wrists. A solid choice for high angle paddling expeditions, and a worthwhile investment.

08-23-2005

I have had this paddle for over a month now and itís fantastic. I have not developed any shoulder joint pain but I am more fatigued after using it.

The reason for this is I am going faster and farther I am enjoying myself so I paddle longer. This is such an efficient paddle. Itís not the lightest I have a carbon fiber Kaui thatís lighter but it doesnít have the power of the Vrecken.

I have had one problem. The salt water seems to have disintegrated the glue that holds the plastic feather angle indicator on. Now I have no idea what the feather angle is. I feel that 1 Month is too soon for something like this to happen.

Would have easily given a 10 but defective angle indicator so...

08-05-2005
Submitted by: LeeSend Email

I use this paddle more than any of the other paddles I own. I have the fiberglass straight-shaft version (215 cm).

I find it has enough bite for rock gardening and surfing, yet I do not get fatigued when I use it on long paddles. I have done crossings up to 38 NM with this paddle without feeling a strain in my shoulders.

The weight of the paddle is reassuring. It is relatively light, but has a solid feel. I have a carbon fiber paddle that is lighter. You'd think the lighter paddle would be better for long crossings, but my fiberglass Corryvrecken has the right weight to give it a solid feel and it contributes to a nice rhythm.

I use the straight shaft because it permits me to move my hands to any location quickly. I also have a bent-shaft paddle but I seldom use it any more.

The Corryvrecken is probably the most useful and versatile paddle I have ever used. I would buy another.

10-05-2004

I purchased a 210cm straight Corryvrecken fiberglass paddle a few weeks ago, and have used it on lakes, rivers, and smaller streams. It is rapidly becoming my favorite paddle for smaller creeks where I need power to position the boat quickly. The paddle works very well. I use a more vertical stroke with it, and it does the job.

09-08-2004

I have had my bent shaft 210 cm corryvrecken for about 10 weeks now, and I have to say that it works great. Light and nimble, it is easy on the shoulders for hours at a time, but when you want acceleration it digs in. Great for rolling or surfing, but just a little tough to handle in the wind. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one if anything happened to the one I have now.

08-27-2004
Submitted by: George JonesSend Email

What a joy! I purchased my bent shaft Corryvrecken from Jersey Paddler two weeks ago when I was on a business trip. Couldn't wait to get home and try it out. I spent most of yesterday evening on the Chesapeake Bay and I absolutely love this paddle. I have retired my Mid Swift to the deck decoration status, and I'm not missing it at all.