Product Reviews > Kayaks > Old Town Canoe > Casco Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Casco Kayak by Old Town Canoe

Rated: 9.2/10 Based On: 5 Reviews

01-25-2010

Once again I give this kayak a 10 for the type of kayak it is. This is a versatile, stable, very durable kayak. Great for beginners and intermediate as you will feel safe in it. Polylink3 A tad heavy but takes a lickin and keeps on tickin.Recommend if you see a used one Snap it up. I will always keep mine as a backup to my Eddyline MerlinLT or for a friend to join me. Happy paddling!

11-13-2007

1st kayak. Used mostly on Lake George. Moves pretty good for a recreational, handles small chops well, medium chops with skirt good also. Tracks well for a stable kayak (28" wide). Went camping and it carried my gear in one trip. Got a leftover for a real bargain! Very happy. Now I need to upgrade my paddle!

07-18-2005
Submitted by: J. PeterSend Email

To rate the Casco120 it would have to be an A+ in looks and performance. Looks: Old Town did a great job compared to other kayaks in the same catagory, they did a perfect job. Performance: for me is perfect.River running,lake cruising and weekend camping outstanding.Tracking ability in 15-25MPH winds is good, best of all this boat will ride waves without undo concern.

06-09-2005
Submitted by: N.R.O.Send Email

This is a superb kayak. It shares all the Dirigo's series' features, such as the super-nice comfortable seat, a waterproof space hatch for easy storage and deck rigging. It also comes in a variety of mature, but cool colors (such as shale blue or goldenrod). It's a solid performer as a rec boat and doubles as an equally as good touring craft. A solid, rigid, and durable boat that is a little on the heavier side, but gets my pick after comparing a Dagger Blackwater 10.5 This kayak comes in the 10, 12 and 13.8 ft lengths, and is a hard find (try LL Bean or a small local dealer), but well worth the price and wait.

08-09-2004
Submitted by: Marc

I rented a 12ft. casco for a day just to try it out. I'm 6', 240lbs and I'm looking to make a slight upgrade from my 9'6 keeowee. I took it to an inland lake on a rather windy day and found that the nose always wanted to turn into the wind. The cockpit was large, comfortable and the footpegs were easy to adjust. The nose of the yak is quite tall which made it nice for my size 12 feet to fit inside without having to cock them sideways as I do in most yaks. The boat tracked OK but it felt rather sluggish to paddle - almost like I was dragging something behind me that was slowing me down. The seat was padded but after two hours of paddeling my lower back was quite sore. One nice feature is the large storage area in back that was accessed by a flip up hatch - my items stored in there remained absolutely dry when I opened it again at the end of my trip. I would say that this yak is nothing revolutionary but it is a good, stable, and very bouyant craft. I wouldn't be scared to buy one but it is about as exciting as white bread.

New York Kayak Co.: