Product Reviews > Kayaks > Emotion Kayaks > Co-Motion Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Co-Motion Kayak by Emotion Kayaks

09-18-2012
Submitted by: lloydSend Email

Strong hull, quality. Good for tracking and good for light sea / river work. You have to watch the weight. One adult and one child, or two light adults. When loaded correctly it all works. No luggage space and not the most comfortable, but cuts the water nicely. Strong.

02-26-2009

I have had my red Co-motion for ~1.5 yrs and used mainly in the N. Central FL rivers. I bought the kayak used and it did not come with seats. After my first couple of outings, I purchased seats. This helped with comfort. The boat paddles well, not fast, and tracks fairly straight.

I am 6'5" 230lbs and water comes up through the scupper holes when paddling against the current. It is rated for 450lbs, but with 2 over 200lbs it is a slow and wet ride. Not much leg extension room, so my knees sit up high and interfere with paddling. Not a good yak for solo trips even with cooler in front for load balance. Great for floating down spring fed rivers and snorkeling along side etc. Light enough for me to load on the SUV roof rack and carry to launch by myself without dolly. I plan to get a faster sit in yak and keep this one for kids and friends to use.

07-21-2005
Submitted by: LNSend Email

This thing rocks. Very stable when sharks are near and yet manueverable when trying to avoid young children while riding waves into shore. For a fun time in all types of surf, this barge gets through the breakers and allows for some skim turns on the return rides to the beach. LOOUUUU...

05-31-2004
Submitted by: TPDSend Email

I purchased two Co-motions three months ago based on a friends recommendation. I haven't been dissappointed. These are the most stable tandem sit-on-tops that I have ever been on. I feel they are the best on the market. Some people said they would be like barges but I haven't found this to be true at all. While not as fast as the Exhilerator, they are quite responsive and track exteremly well. I like the hull design better than the Exhilerator. This is a great boat from a great young company.