Product Reviews > Kayaks > ClearWater Design > NuNu XL Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for NuNu XL Kayak by ClearWater Design

01-30-2005
Submitted by: bm

This is a very nice kayak easy to get into and out of and hard to tip. But like someone said it lacks the storage space for some trips, the main rear bulkhead is accessed by a five inch hole making it hard to put gear into and out of. Also its hard to keep the kayak going, in other words it doesn’t coat to well at all.

05-18-2004
Submitted by: Donna HarrisSend Email

I love the kayak though it takes a bit of paddling to keep it going. The quality assurance wasn't there with my NuNu XL. The seat wasn't attached on one side and before I found out why, the seat would shift (it was only attached on one side). The kayak is easy to handle and a good buy for the money. I am a novice in my late 50's and for cruises on lakes and streams, it works great for me.

05-17-2004

I am pleased with this little rec boat. It is my first kayak, although I have paddled many different sea kayaks in the 2+ years I've been kayaking. The NuNu is awfully short, and while she starts moving pretty easily she doesn't ever really "get going" - you've got to paddle this boat if you want to go somewhere. The rear bulkhead makes for a very dry rear hatch, and even with a cheap ill-fitting skirt I didn't end up with any water in the cockpit! I'm rating it a 7 mostly because the hole for the hatch is so tiny - you really can't fit much stuff back there. The boat is also on the heavy side for a 9-1/2 foot boat... I've seen boats that size that weigh less than 43 pounds. (The LiquidLogic Tryon is one pound lighter but a full foot longer, the Walden Experience is half a foot longer and six pounds lighter.) The hull of the boat also warps fairly easily. But it is definitely a pleasure to paddle this happy little rec boat!