Product Reviews > Accessories > Astral Buoyancy Tempo 200 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Astral Buoyancy Tempo 200

Rated: 6.33/10 Based On: 3 Reviews

Research PFDs (Life Jackets) in the Buyers' Guide!
PFDs (Life Jackets)
View PFDs (Life Jackets) in Buyers' Guide

03-22-2013

I will be very brief. I have owned this life jacket for two years and have regretted it since the first time I paddled in it. Despite the efforts of me, the store, and my paddling friends I cannot get a comfortable fit with it. It is so built up with stiff floatation in the front that it restricts arm movement and body rotation. Last fall in an all-day late season paddle I was in agony when I got back to shore from it rubbing the front of my shoulder. I was shocked when I realized it had rubbed so hard that it damaged my dry suit in that spot. I will not buy another PFD without a chance to wear it for a day first check with a local paddle shop or outfitter and it is pretty easy to arrange.

11-12-2007

After my wife tried on at least 6 different PFD's, this was the only one that did not ride up on her when she sat in a kayak. She really likes this PFD. Fits very comfortably and helps to keep her warm on cool paddles.

05-03-2004

I haven't had the opportunity to take my new Tempo 200 out on the water yet, but I am really looking forward to it. After making do with PFDs that compress a woman's chest for too long, I have finally gotten one with a nice profile that is utterly comfortable - I can already tell it will make a big difference in my paddling comfort. While more expensive than the Lotus Lola, this PFD has a unique adjustment system, a place to put a hydration bladder, and plenty of other features that make it well worth the price.

MTI Adventurewear: