Product Reviews > Accessories > EZ Load Talon Side Loader Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for EZ Load Talon Side Loader

Research Roof Racks and Trailers in the Buyers' Guide!
Roof Racks and Trailers
View Roof Racks and Trailers in Buyers' Guide

06-20-2005

After a year with the Talon Side-Loader I find it to be a compromise. Good Points: I added the accessory bars for Thule and have carried up to three kayaks on the bar. Lock pins and other safety features make for a very secure stand. It is easy to properly secure the kayaks in the down position. Bad points: another lateral bar is needed to keep the load stable when raising and lowering. The slide glides move, and I have to tap them forward with each load to put the lock pins in. I quickly discarded the Talon lock pins for safety-clip style hitch pins from Home Depot. The rack, side-loader and accessories are almost at the load limit of my factory rack before I add any kayaks. The complete rack is non-aerodynamic and whistles. Finally, I have to get under the loaded boat and use my legs in a weight-lifter style lift to get the 70 pound boat up to slide across. The system works well with my 30 pound surf ski, but I don't need any help to lift it on top of the van.

09-10-2004

Talon does provide excellent customer service. However, I still have some problems with the EZ Loader. We replaced the bolts with better made and better fitting bolts. The sliding bars, even when greased, are difficult for me to push all the way back - I use a mallet to tap them so that I can insert the holding pin. Also the rack is unstable when moving a heavy - over 65 lb kayak up or down. Also, there is not enough room for two wide kayaks. I am 5'2" tall and I still use a stepstool to manipulate the EZ Load. When a taller person assists me, they do not bother to lower the rack.

12-29-2003

Two of my kayaking buddies and I have had them since last summer. The Side Loader has made it possible for me to load my 70 lb. kayak on top of my Chevy Tracker by myself and my little 5' 1" friend to load her 14' QCC kayak on top of her Ford Envoy by herself. The system is secure and very convenient as well as "sexy." I recommend this product heartily. In addition it has been my personal experience that Talon gives remarkably unusual product support. This is a great product from a business with integrity and concern for its customers.