Product Reviews > Kayaks > Dagger > Kingpin Icon 6.1 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Kingpin Icon 6.1 Kayak by Dagger

Rated: 6.5/10 Based On: 4 Reviews

09-22-2006
Submitted by: WillySend Email

i found this boat to be fairly comfortable and thought it surfed well it was also good in a hole and will cartwheel easly, i got my first cartwheel in this boat. i found that the pods were of use and i rely did notice the extra volume it gave the boat....

however... this boat is very heavy and has far too may bolts and screws, outfitting was good but if anything broke (air pump is a regular problem) it needs to be ordered, and cannot just be replaced with something which is easly avialable. this fittings for the back rest are not avialable in shops.

i had a kingpin icon6.1 it was a little small, a very heavy and outfitting was a little too fidgity,so i bought a 2nd hand kingpin 6.2. this boats outfitting is much simpler and can be replaced easily (back rest straps are just roof rack straps), it is just as comfortable as the newer modle, and the older version (kingpin)6.2 is actually lighter than the icon 6.1.

i think the old modle is far better than the new modle!

03-14-2005
Submitted by: JamesSend Email

I thought that the King Pin Icon had some good and bad things going for it.

First the Good. The boat has a truck load of pop to it. It is a little of balance on the bow, but when you dig in for a loop at your favorite hole you will find a whole lot of air getting ready to help you out. The boat is also pretty roomy. With the raised hip area, you will find that it is a pretty comfy boat and large enough for the bigger paddlers.

Now the Bad Stuff. What is up with the pods. Now don’t get me wrong I know what they are for, but what a pain in the butt... I never use ‘em and not many I know do, but whatever. The kingpin greatly lacks in balanced volume, although in some cases people like that. The boat has most of its volume around your knees making it very difficult to initiate compared to other boats.

04-12-2004
Submitted by: LucySend Email

i am young and can't do anything amazing in a canoe but i think this is an excellent boat, even for beginner's and not so experienced paddlers like myself. it is great to paddle and slices thorugh the water beautifully. it's good for beginner "tricks" like stern-squirts etc. untill my mate introduced this boat to me at our clubs "have-a-go" night i didn't even know it existed, but im glad i do now, it's excellent to paddle, even for begginner's.

11-25-2003

I recently bought the new and improved kingpin icon. I love the performance of this boat. The outfitting continues to need improvement. It could also use a few hundred less screws and holes. The blow up hip pads won't stay blown up, it is very comfortable however, and the new backband works great. The outfitting is why the boat gets a 7. I also have never used the volume pods. The boat tricks fine without them. This is an all around great boat. It slices and cartwheels with ease, and will go very, very big. It's pop is easy to time for big blunts and backstabs. I don't really like this boat on bigger water. (creeks). It tends to be very sticky, but that's exactly what the boats designed to do. Whether you are new to spuds or a veteran, this boat makes tricks easy. I can't do tricks like helixes, matrixes, or mcnasties, so I can't comment, but for the average joe, I would highly reco this boat.

Rendezvous River Sports
Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!