Product Reviews > Kayaks > Aire > Tomcat Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Tomcat Kayak by Aire

Kayaks Image Kayaks Image Kayaks Image Kayaks Image Kayaks Image Kayaks Image

06-08-2011
Submitted by: - Rating: 8 of 10
This review courtesy of www.altrec.com

I have used this model kayak on several guided white water trips over the years and always thought they were well built and handled well. I recently bought one for surf kayaking and was surprised at how well it handled in the 4 to 6 foot waves at the beach. It stores easily and is a great addition to my beach camping trips.
A very well designed kayak for the money.

07-25-2008
Submitted by: CJSend Email

We rented two of these things so family could join us on a flatwater/fastwater trip. Think "floating refrigerator." They are water pigs. Even several strong men familiar with kayaking found them truly awful. A conventional two-seater is like a sports car compared to these tubs.

05-17-2004
Submitted by: Trace StoneSend Email

The Tomcat is a very versatile, fun boat and is an excellent. value. It's a little heavier than Aire's higher end models, but still weighs under 50 pounds with paddles, PFDs, and a pump... so it is easily packable. It's rigid and maneuverable enough for whitewater, and comfortable and roomy enough for long trips- We spent a week on the Teslin and Yukon Rivers and we fit all of our gear plus a big-ass cooler (this is the Tandem model). This spring, I added a swivel chair mounted on some 1x6's that allows me to ride higher while fishing. It's a bit ghetto but it is very handy. Rarely have I been so impressed with something that I've invested in.

05-03-2004
Submitted by: DaveDSend Email

I just bought 2 Aire tomcats; solo and tandem. What a deal paid way under retail; $375 and $410 respectively (delivered). A very, very nice boat for this kind of money. Way better than anyting on the market. They are both very reminnessent of Aire's caracals in all repsects except warranty. Blows up very stiff, and paddles true. Haven't tried the tandem yet, only solo. Not quite as good as my Lynx but I could buy two tomcats with money left over round-trip gas. Bails nicely and tracks well, only alittle heavier than the lynx. The only draw-back seems to be the valve system; you need that special adaptor to blow the things up. I hope you can order extras in case one is lost. Luckily I have 2.

10-14-2003
Submitted by: inflatablejplSend Email

I just purchased this boat last week and i can tell you that this is a exceptional boat for the money. The kayak blows up pretty stiff and the self bailing air floor removes the water quickly. The boat is not tippy like my previous kayak: the sevylor pro and the innova safari. The downside of this boat is that it is alittle heavy (35 lbs), the backrest not very supportive (recommend a aire cheetah chair for $60), and the bow is alittle short (making for alittle more water splashing in the boat). However, all in all, i still think this is the best inexpensive inflatable kayak on the market for under $500. I paid $405 for mine. Don't forget your lifevest...

Rendezvous River Sports