Product Reviews > Accessories > Roleez Canoe/Kayak Cart Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Roleez Canoe/Kayak Cart

Rated: 9.22/10 Based On: 9 Reviews

Research Carts, Portaging & Launching in the Buyers' Guide!
Carts, Portaging & Launching
View Carts, Portaging & Launching in Buyers' Guide

07-19-2013

We have had this Roleez cart for about 10 years, and it is still one of the best purchases we ever made. The fat balloon tires make it easy to roll across sand, mud, rocks or any other surface. The straps are good for the Roleez as well as for our roof racks.
I would highly recommend these for anyone who needs a small cart for a kayak or canoe.

09-05-2006

Roleez Canoe/Kayak Cart. I have used for both types of boats and the cart works great. Suggestion: loading sometimes requires chocking the wheels with a tree limb or a couple of rocks to hold the cart in place as you slide the boat on. I put a big beach towel on the ground under the boat to protect the hull and make it easier to slide the boat. Also - make sure you tighten the straps firmly when boat is loaded, or cart will go one way as the boat goes another. This cart is a big help on 1/4 mile portages.

07-26-2006

I am very happy with this cart. After years of lugging my 15'6, 55lb sea kayak around and not being able to explore lakes that had any real portages- A whole new world has been opened up! The kart worked great on my first 1.5km portage with my kayak. Handled most of the rocks and roots with realitive ease. We did get snagged on a few, but more to my poor driving ability than anything (have to remember you are 6ft ahead of the wheels- so even if i clear the obstacle the cart needs to clear it too :) Only proplem was that occasionally I found it difficult to get the boat onto the cart to strap down. I had it collapse a couple of times. Found it easier to load on a slight hill. One of the black foot knobs did come off. and if the cart isn't ballanced properly and combined with a quick thoughtless tie down- the cart shifts under the boat making it hard to roll. This can be fixed by paying more attention and putting forth more effort on my part. Overall, good investment. I like it.

09-22-2005

Ha! We used this little cart to portage an Old Town Penobscot 186 and an XL Tripper around Allagash Falls and we only ended up with a flat tire. We kept dragging the snot out this thing and it held up pretty well so I give an 8.

09-19-2005

I love the cart. That would say it all, except I hate the strap system. Strapping a kayak to the thing is not hard, but if you don't strap it down tight, the cart will fold on you.

08-16-2005
Submitted by: mark bSend Email

Very nice product - only two minor complaints. Had to replace foot stand rubber 'crutch' tip as it pulled off in the sand (replacement I glued on w/silicone - no further mishaps. Also, watch hull support for 'V' hulled kayaks - I now put a 6-8 inch piece of water pipe foam insulation between the support pads to eliminate any metal to hull contact. Balloon wheels are awesome over sand and have not needed any air in over 12 months (they are only inflated to about 4-6 psi).

06-05-2005

What a neat cart! The 'Toon wheels just roll along over just about anything. Even going over curbs with a 60#+/- kayak is no problem. Items for possible improvement would be: 1) Faster, simpler tie down system. 2) This cart doesn't just tuck into a rear hatch, it's big with those big wheels.

10-05-2004
Submitted by: TimSend Email

I did not want to spend this much on a cart. I got this one as a birthday present. I would now gladly pay the money. I live a few blocks from a lake and have to go up and down a steep mulched path. After several hurricanes, the path is in bad condition but my cart goes over the terrain with ease. I really like the kick stand. The only drawback is size. I strap it on the back of my kayak. It would be tough to get into any hatches.

07-08-2003

Portage cart to transport canoe or kyak to the lake from your vehicle. Cart mounts in the center of the canoe with tie down straps. I recomend the cart very highly for ease of use and storage capability.

Talic: