Product Reviews > Accessories > MTI Discovery PFD Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for MTI Discovery PFD

Rated: 9.75/10 Based On: 4 Reviews

MTI Adventurewear Logo
See Products from MTI Adventurewear in the Buyers' Guide!
MTI Adventurewear in the Buyers' Guide:
  • Performance PFD's
  • Childrens PFD's

05-07-2004
Submitted by: JohnSend Email

I knew nothing about PFD's and bought this one b/c my salesman at Galyans recommended it. He was an avid kayaker so I took a chance. Just used it for the first time and was very please. The floatation material rose above the backrest of my Wilderness Pungo 120 so I was very comfortable and could lean back easily. The variety of straps offered easy adjustments during the trip. I really enjoyed the two generous pockets in front for my glasses and cell phone (double wrapped in baggies of course). I am glad that I bought this PFD ... but hope I never need to use it!!!

09-15-2003
Submitted by: MorganSend Email

I'm a pretty big paddler so was looking for something comfortable with well located attachment points. I tried at least 10 different designs before settling on the Discovery. Frankly I didn't even know it was less expensive until I'd already chosen it over the other brands. I can really think of no negatives.

08-04-2003
Submitted by: D.P.Send Email

A very comfortable and functional vest. MTI is the best quality for the money!! Great Products.

07-02-2003

I bought this PFD from LLBean for 5 dollars less than adverstised at other stores. I guess having the LLBean name monogrammed on the front lowers the price because of the advertising. The jacket fits great, has reflective striping on the shoulder straps, lash tab and D rings. The foam is soft and conformable with large arm holes for great range of motion. I give it a nine instead of ten because the front pockets would be more accessible if the zipper were angled instead of horizontal.