Product Reviews > Kayaks > Old Town Canoe > Predator K111 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Predator K111 Kayak by Old Town Canoe

Rated: 8.8/10 Based On: 5 Reviews

07-24-2012
Submitted by: Bassmaster MCSend Email

Despite what 'wolfsoul' said above, this kayak is an amazing platform for fishing or just cruising. The guy who was rolled because of a swell must of been inexperienced and lacked balance. The boat is highly stable and very fast in the water. The dude must not have actually been using the Predator K 111. If you want a dependable, solid yak to fish from, you should get a K111. You won't be disappointed...period.

06-24-2008

My opinion of this kayak isn't nearly as good as the other three reviewers. I found it to be surprisingly unstable for such a wide kayak, especially for a kayak designed for fishing and hunting out of. My father-in-law rolled this thing on a fairly gently sloped boat wake swell on a lake and I had to tow him and his boat to shore. Everyone else I know who has paddled it has had similar complaints about the stability. It certainly isn't a speed demon either.

If it was fast and unstable, or slow and stable, I would give this yak higher marks, but slow and unstable... I'm actually probably being generous by giving it a five. There are better boats out there, even in the price range for this yak. If my father-in-law gave me this boat, I would take it, but I don't think I would pay good money for it.

01-08-2008
Submitted by: mlSend Email

I recently bought one off of Ebay for a banger of a deal at 600 dollars including shipping, so that made me one happy camper, before I even took my first stroke. I have paddled lakes and rivers in this one, and it works great. I love the handling in tight rivers while trout fishing. I recently took it up to the Boundary waters and lets just say this thing hauls ass up there, I just through in a canoe yoke to bungee around for portages. Fishing out of it is great to because of the large cockpit and its play skirt. I don't have a truck to take it places so I have to shove this thing in my trunk of a dodge stratus, super badass driving down the road. It works well because of it's smaller size so it's not a pain driving and carrying to the water. Overall, if your thinking fishing, fun, and smaller than 12 feet. This is the one.

03-26-2004
Submitted by: JDSend Email

This is a great fishing boat, big enough to carry gear, small enough for one person to handle. I have had my Predator K-111 for a year now and have no major complaints. I have fished streams, mid sized lakes, and tidal rivers with it. The initial stability is great, however, the short length does make tracking a little more work when crossing ponds. It does float full of water, I tried it. The only complaint I have is that the wide, high back seat is hard plastic, and gets uncomfortable after a few hours of fishing. A Yakpads seat cushion cured this. Overall, a great fishing platform.

07-02-2003

This is a great boat for fishing because it is stable and at 48 lbs, relatively light weight. The "Work Net" is probably more suited for hunters because fish hooks will hang up in the netting too often. The "Accessory Tray" is also designed more for hunters. I especially like the "Rod Holder" and the "Clothesline" type anchor system. This boat includes a nice folding anchor. One of the best features is the PolyLink3 hull which makes the kayak unsinkable without additional foam flotation. And the camouflage color is not only functional, but looks cool. The cockpit is very large for a kayak and adjustable foot braces are standard. The seat is adjustable, but the nylon set screw are not secure enough. I replaced mine with metal from the local hardware store at 2 for a dime. Unlike my Old Town Egret, the storage area behind the seat is very accessible. For fishing, this is about as good as it gets!

Botetourt County Tourism: