Product Reviews > Canoes > Mohawk Canoes > Shaman Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Shaman Canoe by Mohawk Canoes

Canoes
Research Canoes in the Buyers' Guide!

Select Canoe to View in Buyers' Guide

03-28-2003
Submitted by: kg

I purchased a Shaman two years ago and it is probably the finest OC-1's I have paddled to date. If I had only one solo boat to use for white water river running, surfing and play, this would be it. It does everything well in the typical class II-III+ water I paddle. Has excellent excelleration and attains very well, yet turns quickly and precisely with out overspin. Responds well to subtle correction strokes and knee pressure. The Shaman initially took a bit more water over the bow than I was accustom to when running strait through standing waves, but this is corrected by quartering and blocking--the boat returns quickly into downstream allingment with a stern draw or pry. The factory outfitting is very comfortaable and the finish is excellent.

Talic: