Product Reviews > Accessories > Ravenspring UNO Wetsuit Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Ravenspring UNO Wetsuit

Research Clothing and Footwear in the Buyers' Guide!
Clothing and Footwear
View Clothing and Footwear in Buyers' Guide

10-17-2003

Used my Raven spring drysuit today for the first time this season. I got it last year and used it for a couple of months last year. So far so good no leaks fits well and is comfortable to wear. It breaths better than I thought it would and the price is right. I love the fact that it is built to my measurements as i'm 5' 9" and 230 lbs. I tried 2x in other suits and they were way to long and still tight in the chest and waist. Ravenspring fits great. If you need a custom made suit I highly recommend them, if you can fit into standard sizes than there are lots of choices out there. But if off the shelf is not for you than give Ravenspring a shot I think you will be happy.

10-09-2003

I purchased my RavenSpring Uno drysuit in October 2002. I could not be happier with this product. The suit is very well constructed and fits very well (each suit is made to order). I did have a small problem with one of the seams of protective layer over the upper right leg (cosmetic defect not functional defect). I notified RavenSpring immediately and they told me that they would repair this type of defect at ant time, even out of warrantee. I proceeded to use the suit for the remainder of the winter and sent the suit in for repair about 18 days ago. The suit was promptly repaired and has already been returned. RavenSpring even credited me for more than my cost of shipping the suit to them. RavenSpring makes a great product and they back that product with prompt , friendly service. (BTW guys, get the relief zipper!)

03-10-2003

After much deliberation, I recently purchased a drysuit from ravenspring. I wanted to write this review because of all the discussions on the message board.

I am thrilled with the suit. I paddle in Monterey, California where the water is cold all year round. I do alot of paddling alone and like the security of a dry suit in case of emergency. I started with a kokatat meridian (not gore-tex) and loved the simplicity of the dry suit but was still soaked from sweat when I took it off.

Kokatat and Stohlquist make great gore-tex suits but way out of my budget so I started looking in to Ravenspring. For approx $400 usd I bought a UNO with added cloth covers on the wrist gaskets. I sent my dimensions and they fit it to me perfectly. It is extremely well made with heavier material on the seat and knees. It is very comfortable and uses suspenders, versus a waist tie. The people at ravenspring were great to work with.

Yesterday, I did 10 miles at Elkhorn slough. It started out pretty warm but I was OK. The wind picked up as I paddled out and I was working pretty hard. When I took the kayak out and removed the suit, I was thrilled to note that there was no water on my fleece pants or top! The suit is definitly breathable and far more comfortable than the alternative.

I hope this helps those debating going with Ravenspring...I think you will be very pleased