Product Reviews > Accessories > Cannon Paddles Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Cannon Paddles

Cannon Paddles Logo
See Products from Cannon Paddles in the Buyers' Guide!
Cannon Paddles in the Buyers' Guide:
  • Cascade
  • Wave

06-20-2005
Submitted by: chrisSend Email

I bought this paddle as a back-up for my IK since it is a two-piece. I used it a bit and believed that it was good paddle for the money (I paid $100). However I recently snapped the blade off of the paddle where it meets the shaft. I have never heard of this happening and it did not hit a rock. After looking at severed paddle I realized it had a manufacturing defect (an air pocket/void in the plastic of the paddle where it meets the shaft). This would be a good paddle if there was no defect (I would give it a 10/10). I feel fortunate that this didn't happen while I was in some of the bigger technical rapids earlier in the run - it could have been pretty serious. Cannon was great in that they sent a free replacement paddle and have corrected this rare problem in the manufacturing process. I would definitely still recommend this paddle as long as it is a new model (I think mine was a 2004).

02-26-2003

I like this paddle so much I had to write a review. I found my first Cannon paddle on the side of a road one day, used it for fishing lakes and class 2 waters. I wanted another but was unsure of the model, so I e-mailed the company and was told I probably had an M2. I picked up another at my local outfitter for $79. It is light, durable, has a nice asymmetric spoon blade and nice handgrip area. I like it more than my aqua-bound sequel or my friend's Carlisle which cost twice as much. The company is now in the buyer's guide accessory section. Highly recommend.