Product Reviews > Accessories > Harmony Adventure Paddle Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Harmony Adventure Paddle

Rated: 8.43/10 Based On: 7 Reviews

Research Paddles in the Buyers' Guide!
Paddles
View Paddles in Buyers' Guide

01-23-2008

I bought my first kayak, an OK Frenzy, in June 2000. That same day I bought a Harmony Estuary TAP in aluminum as the paddle for it. at 54 oz, it earned the nickname "The War Club", now sharpied on one blade, but when it is your first paddle, you don't know any better. Years later, I picked up a Harmony Adventure TAP in fiberglass, at REI Garage Sale for $19, and I really understood what people who complain about heavy aluminum paddles are talking about.

The Adventure, at 36 oz, feels so much lighter than the Estuary. That, along with its asymmetrical blade, makes for much smoother, more comfortable paddling. At normal price of $55, the Adventure in fiberglass makes a great entry-level paddle for those just getting into the sport, or those who have finally decided to shed their aluminum war clubs but don't want to break the bank with a carbon paddle.

08-20-2007
Submitted by: JimSend Email

I recently bought the Harmony Adventure, with a fiberglass shaft, through e-bay. I found it to be very light, and very quick! I am a high angle paddler, and like the faster cadence. The blades feel a little floppy on strong strokes, and I hope they will hold up. But I like the paddle as well as my $200 carbon paddle, and like the shape better than my Werner Camano. It's a great paddle for way less than $100!!

10-19-2005
Submitted by: RyanSend Email

I had this paddle for ~2 years and really liked it. I was rough on it and it held up pretty well, but broke a month or so ago when I was on a lone overnighter on the Shenandoah River. It broke when I was pushing through some shallows. Had about 3" of blade to work with but was able to make it down river w/ out incident. Actually, I am ordering another one.

10-12-2005

This paddle came as a freebie with the LL Bean Manatee I bought for my wife. I used the paddle once, and my wife will not get it back, I'll buy her one for herself (someday). This is probably one of the best paddles for the money out there. I have used the paddle at least once a week for about a year now and have abused the heck out of it. It is scratched, but otherwise still in great shape. I too have swapped paddles with some of my yak geek buddies. I could tell a difference, but not $250 worth. My only complaint is that the blade flexes some when paddled hard. Maybe it is supposed to do that, but it is distracting to me.

09-30-2003

Well it broke. Flaps like a fish with a broken fin. Oh well you get what you pay for. Trying to contact Harmony now?? I did think I'd get more than 9 months out of her. Next!

01-02-2003
Submitted by: T.LewSend Email

As a relative newbie I wasn't looking to tap into my retirement account to purchase a paddle. Research led me to the Harmony Adventure at $55 and I had the lady at our kayak shop order one for me. I asked her to try it out when it arrived and let me know what she thought. Her review was that it is the best deal on the market. She couldn't tell the difference between the Harmony and her $250 paddle. I retrieved it as soon as was possible and fell in love with it the first time I got it wet. It's like it wants to paddle for you. It was made to slice through the water with grace, ease and minimal effort. It's almost poetic. I took a point off simply because I'm a newbie.

10-11-2002

This rating system is hard. Compare this paddle to other paddles it's a 6-7. Compared to paddles in or near its price it's a big 10.

I recently took a $55.00 gamble and bought a Harmony Adventure Paddle. Sure that I was making a mistake because of its price and the price of many, actually any other paddle. I've used it about 10 times now and can say it is a steal. I have swiched 3 times with other paddlers to compare differences. All three had $100-$200.00 paddles and felt such a small difference that I'm happy. I diddn't like the touring blades,(long & thin no bite & slow. I was sure the Adventure blade would break the first time I got up stream and stuck on sand in shallow water and have to clam dig my way out to deeper water. Well this happened to me and it didn't break!

I was told by so many to go light. This paddle is 35oz. Heck an Aquabond Seaquel is 41oz. The Harmony has an aluminum black shaft featherable with plastic (yet strong) blades that are asymmetircal/dihedral. My only minor complaint is the blade size is a little small at 17"x7" and I mean minor complaint. I give it an 8 for what it is and thats a steal. There are much nicer paddles out there $$$ it's just that usually you get what you pay for. I think this time compared to others you get more than you pay for. If money didn't matter this would still be a good paddle. This will be my spare when I get rich and go touring.