Product Reviews > Accessories > Werner Player WW Paddle Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Werner Player WW Paddle

Werner Paddles Logo
See Products from Werner Paddles in the Buyers' Guide!
Werner Paddles in the Buyers' Guide:
  • SUP Paddles
  • Canoe/Raft/Outrigger

10-10-2002
Submitted by: G. BaldwinSend Email

We recently purchased two Werner Players: A 197cm bentshaft for my fiance and a 200cm straightshaft for me. First let me say that the bentshaft works great for my fiance, who has sore wrists from computer work. If I had it to do over, I would have gotten a bentshaft, too. It does feel better on your forearms and wrists! As for the paddles' performance, it is a very comfortable, reliable WW paddle. There are no extremes, meaning it won't disappoint you and it won't do anything spectacular, either. For a lady kayaker or someone with good moves and finesse, I think the Player would be 1005 perfect. My only concern is it's ability to power a "big move", meaning fast acceleration to catch a wave or wrestling to get the boat on one end or the other. Please take this "concern" with a grain of salt - I have fairly strong arms and like a big, powerful blade. So maybe, for someone like me, the Sidekick would be a better choice; even though it's too much for someone else. All in all, I recommend the Player for someone who wants a paddle they can rely on, that will neither disappoint nor wow you - just do exactly what you ask it to do. Given the cost of a good paddle - and I recommend you spend the extra money for a bentshaft model - what more can you ask of the Player?