Product Reviews > Kayaks > Perception > Supersonic Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Supersonic Kayak by Perception

Rated: 8.8/10 Based On: 5 Reviews

11-17-2005
Submitted by: MickSend Email

I just took my new supersonic out for the first time, on the Bora in spate. Wow. The boat was a dream.

05-31-2005
Submitted by: Jack

Just got a Perception Supersonic, had it a month now, and wow, its lovely, a real dream. So comfortable, positive and good quality. Iím a level 2 instructor, get out on white water from time to time but intend on doing some surfing and river running also. Its good for rolling, havenít accomplished a hand roll in it yet but nearly. Itís a great all rounder, money well spent. I fully recommend this boat. Only down fall is Iím still not 100% sure if I like the footrest, however itís growing on me. Itís an awesome boat and fits in the back of a Ford Galaxy...just. There are models slightly lighter out there, but itís nice and secure when transporting. Less chance of blowing away.

10-02-2003
Submitted by: SkunkSend Email

Started my career in a GTX 2 yrs ago. Then I switched to a Supersonic. a dream to roll compared to the huge GTX. The south fork of the Payette was a breeze. The white salmon in WA proved to me its also a great creaker. It will stay in my quiver of boats for years to come. 5'11", 190# paddle 25 days this year.

11-18-2002
Submitted by: Russ PeckSend Email

I really like this boat! My other boat is a Dagger GTX. I bought this boat for myself, son, and others to take paddling with me. This boat is a dream to roll. My son was rolling on his first session. I really like to roll this boat. It has great secondary stability. It's not edgy and very forgiving on the eddy line. This is a fun boat. I mainly run big water and this is a great boat for that. It has a lot of volume. The outfitting is good. I really like the adjustable footpegs, but my son has complained that a few times in the rough stuff his foot has slipped off and he once twisted his ankle just a bit. I don't know if this is a problem or not. I haven't experienced it.

This boat just looks cool. It is cool! I'm 6',195lbs. and I fit into it just fine. My son is 5'10" and weighs about 150 lbs. He absolutely loves it. My brother is 5'10" and weighs about 230 lbs. and he fits in. This is a very versatile boat. The Supersonic is just a great all around boat that is fun to paddle.

10-01-2002
Submitted by: Mark YoungSend Email

I am 6'1", 240 lbs. I have been trying many larger sized boats out and spent about 4 hours in a supersonic this past weekend in stretch of class II - III with nice play spots and the ability to portage and run falls multiple times. I found the supersonice to have very low primary stability but pretty good secondary stability. I had to force an edge down to get the stern to catch at all (no "edginess" at all) and it was absolutely the easiest boat to roll I have ever been in. Compared to the MAX, however, I felt it was less stable overall and I was virtually unable to do simple stern squirts and play moves. I felt it was unpredictable when I did finally horse it hard enough to get an edge or stern to catch. Followup comments would be appreciated!

Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!
Rendezvous River Sports