Product Reviews > Kayaks > Perception > Caretta Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Caretta Kayak by Perception

09-15-2008
Submitted by: DaleSend Email

We have had our Caretta for two years and have paddled it extensively on the Gulf of Mexico and on the Great Lakes, including a 150 mile trip that included three days of paddling into the face of small craft warnings (big wind and waves). The boat is rock solid and fast, it handles well in confused seas and is comfortable. It is fast because of its long length (21 1/2') and carries lots of gear. The only downside is one common to all tandems, the ride is wet in front. Another thing we really like is that its long length makes it possible to paddle on opposite sides in rough water, enhancing the stability of the boat. I've never seen a tandem that compares to it.

04-13-2006
Submitted by: LB

The Caretta is truly a dream tandem. It is one of the fastest, most stable boats on the market today, with a very large capacity. We have paddled it in all kinds of water and found it to be amazingly easy to manuveur or to just make good time. At 80+ pounds, it is amazingly light for a tandem.

On one trip, my wife had to bail before we hit the water so I paddled it solo. I put most of the gear in the front cockpit to balance the load and was amazed at the speed I could maintain and when the wind was below 5 knts, I didn't even need to use the rudder. Speaking of the rudder, the smart track rudder system is truly outstanding.

If you are looking for a great double, the Caretta is as good as you can get.

09-12-2002

We bought the kevlar "colorwash" Caretta. We love the color and it is an eye-catcher. The ride is great and it handles the bay(with 1-2' waves) fine. The set-up of the controls for the rudder is good and easy to manuever, while the turn is wide (because of the length). We have found that the boat can be very fast, but at a leisurely pace, it is easy to paddle. We would highly recommend the boat if you enjoy hours on the water, and want to look great. The price is high, but with good maintenance and care, it should last a very long time.

Rendezvous River Sports
Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!