Product Reviews > Kayaks > Pyranha > H2 Zone 255 Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for H2 Zone 255 Kayak by Pyranha

Rated: 8.75/10 Based On: 4 Reviews

04-11-2011
Submitted by: claytontabooSend Email

Excellent "creek" boat for newbies and riverats. This boat responds when you want and corners like a 'vette. Drops are not a concern with the tapered bow and its fairly lightweight

11-24-2004
Submitted by: KevinSend Email

I find this a very forgiving river runner with good stability. Even though it doesnít have a ratchet backrest the boat is quite comfortable. Iíve seen the comments about difficulty in exiting the boat but find them hard to understand, Iím over 15 stones and have no problems........If you find this a squeeze then you may want to reconsider buying a playboat!!!

09-26-2002
Submitted by: GHBSend Email

I am making the transition from Sit on Top to WW kayaking, and kayak surfing in particular. I basically bought a used H2 255 on a whim, and without much research. Therefore, I ended up with a river runner, not a playboat. That being said, I think the H2 255 is a good boat for a big guy - I weigh 220# with a 34" inseam. My first reaction was how hard it was to wet-exit. So, I removed the center front pillar, and that solved THAT problem. Now, I feel more confident of taking chances, knowing I can swim if I have to. This boat has great stability for a beginner, carves if you lean and flat turns if you even think about turning. I haven't tried any outrageous tricks in it yet - because I am not that experienced; but it feels like you can do some basic stuff with the boat, and it throws around easier than the length would indicate. You cannot get vertical in it - the ends are to roomy, and it's designed not to dive in rivers. Speaking of rivers, not surf, if I was planning to go down a reasonably large river, I would feel confident in this boat. So, in summary, I would recommend the H2 255 to someone trying to do what I am trying to do: Learn WW kayaking with a minimum of hassles in a boat that is more of a forgiver than a performer. I guess when I/you get better, you graduate to more of a playboat, right?

09-10-2002

Great boat! Stable, great secondary stability. Even volume distribution and heavily rockered ends make drops a breeze. Surfs up a storm, front, back, or side. Only drawback is cockpit is to narrow at front, making entry and exit a little harder than I like.

Zoar Outdoor
Free Shipping on all New Kayaks!

Suspenz: