Product Reviews > Kayaks > Heritage Kayaks > Dolphin Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Dolphin Kayak by Heritage Kayaks

Rated: 9.5/10 Based On: 4 Reviews

Kayaks Image Kayaks Image Kayaks Image Kayaks Image

12-21-2011
Submitted by: lilouisianagalSend Email

I've had this kayak for 4+ years and I adore it! I've used it on the bayous (love the self-drain plug so I don't get needlessly wet in calm conditions), in a large lake (both calm and rough conditions), and in the Gulf of Mexico on a very rough day. My friends with ocean kayaks wouldn't go out, but we took turn with my little Dolphin, as it is so stable and just about unsinkable since there are no hatches or openings into the inner kayak.

It is very easy to reenter if you want to go for a swim. The handles on the sides (in addition to the front and back handles) make it very easy to load. As mentioned in previous reviews there isn't much cargo space or cup holders. Paddles well, though it is slower than the long, slim, sit-in ocean kayaks. It is very maneuverable though! I really wish they still made this little kayak, as I would like a couple more and I can't find any!

06-08-2011

I have had this kayak for several years now. Always surprised at how well it paddles. It does everything, the lake, rivers, surf (Lake Michigan), swimming raft for the kids. Dry ride in calm conditions. Only possible negative would be minimal straps and no cupholder.

04-28-2004
Submitted by: tlSend Email

Could this thing be any more fun? I've had it a week and used my 9.5 footer six of those days. Coming from a canoe family, this was an unexpected joy. The canoe is heavy and hard to manage, whereas the Heritage kayak is fun, quick and very manuvourable. The day after I bout mine, I got my wife one, too. We are very happy with them. However, the colors are rather bright. I got the orange, she the yellow.

08-26-2002
Submitted by: D MorrissetteSend Email

Bought 2 weeks ago. Very pleased. Just as advertised. Fun to paddle, very stable. Lots of features at an affortable price. The only problem I had was a sore lower back after a couple of hours. Bought an after market high back seat for $35 and that did the trick. Tracks great for a 9' + boat. This is my first kayak experience and I have thoroughly enjoyed it every time out.

Rendezvous River Sports