Product Reviews > Kayaks > Northwest Kayaks, Inc. > Synergy Add Your Review Now!

Reviews for Synergy Kayak by Northwest Kayaks, Inc.

Rated: 8.14/10 Based On: 7 Reviews

12-29-2011

I have had my Synergy HV (kevlar) for over a decade. This boat is extremely seaworthy. It has made countless trips to the coast. It is the best looking yak out there still today. It has taking abuse in the surf and has never leaked a drop. This boat is the crown jewel of my kayak fleet. I gave it a 9 because the seat is torture after an all day trip.

11-27-2006

Recently acquired the new 'aircraft lay up" Synergy. This flared hardchine v-bottom hits the sweet spot for me (5'11"; 210). A nice blend of primary and secondary stability, as well as manueverability vs tracking. It is rock solid when put on edge and carving a turn and takes waves with aplomb. All this in a boat that weighs only 4 lb more than my single rowing shell. Well built; no leaks; a definite winner.

10-25-2004

I have a kevlar Synergy HV. I am happy with every aspect of the kayak. Of course it helps that I got a major deal on it. I say this after a demo in five other boats. I also owed a Current Design SS and a Current Design Storm. I like the way the boat tracks and I find the boat very comfortable given my large frame (6'3" 220). Unlike some of the people who had problems with leaks in the early design, mine has had no such problems.

08-11-2003

I purchased a Kevlar Synergy a few months ago. Excellent workmanship, no leaks as reported on some older models, and it carves a turn beautifully. Big difference in the hull design over my other NWK Cadence LP. Great boat. Very comfortable. One thing is I wish the seat back was a little lower but fear not, you will like it.

07-08-2003

Just as a side note. I paddled a composite Synergy the first year they came out and had major issues with the leaking into the storage compartment.... Perhaps this issue has be addressed since then. Other than that the boat perform like all other Northwest Kayaks ...Excellent

12-02-2002

The boat had very bad leaks in the rear 2 compartments. So bad, that it made the bow pitch up 20+ degrees. I exchanged the boat with the dealer after repair attempts failed. The boat I exchanged this for was not another Northwest. The dealer told me this was the 3rd Synergy in 1 year that had this kind of serious problem where the boat had flooding compartment(s). Norhtwest never replied to my requests for assistance or advice. As good as the design might be (I think it is), one just has to have a boat that does not get flooding compartments in mild conditions.

08-12-2002

This boat has excellent workmanship, layup, and gelcoat. It is extremely seaworthy, and can deliver a decent turn of speed. Unloaded, it can reasonably be proprelled at 4 knots. The boat (kevlar) is definitely way over its advertised weight of 48lbs. This boat is all about seaworthiness, reasonable touring speed, and quality assembly and materials. I would buy one again. The only negative is not enough leg room (6'3", 245 lbs). I will have to adjust the footbrace slides or get an after market rudder kit.