Submitted: 02-06-2006 by eborg

Kayakpro ergometer - I have almost 200 hours on my kayakpro erg over three winters, so I've tested it thoroughly. (I actually do 1/3 of all my annual paddling on this machine!) There are no signs of wear and I think that it might last indefinitely. Resistance is very close to an actual ICF K1 or racing surfski along with the speed that registers on the computer. The feel is very much like actual paddling though it might take an hour or two to adjust to the differences from paddling on water - and this is because there is obviously more freedom of movement on the erg. I think that this erg is absolutely required equipment for those paddlers that live in the north where you can't paddle for a few months out of the year. At first, the price seems high and hard to justify because it's not a boat, but it's well worth it if it keeps you paddling-fit; allows you to paddle at night; get your quick interval workout in when you don't have much time, and when you consider that it may outlast all your other boats.