Submitted: 02-02-2006 by kcoop

I have been using the Kayak Pro Speedstroke and recommend it. I was always on the fence about these machines, not because I didn't think they work, but because I didn't think I'd have the desire to use it. I'd typically just go run on a cold dark night rather than work on the machine. Last winter was particularly long and cold and if one becomes desperate for the feeling of paddling this will save your sanity till spring or a winter trip to FL.

I've not used any other K-1 Machine to compare, but I can say that this speedstroke "feels" very much like paddling a K-1. I think the long length of the bench allows the rope to exit the pulley at very flat angles unlike some other machines that look more like C-1, or rowing machines adapted to a K-1 stroke.

I live in MA and keep it in the garage where it's cool to cold which I find more pleasant than in a warm basement.

Sealline: