Submitted: 01-18-2006 by ricksanders

This canoe is the single best purchase I have ever made. For getting out on my own its light weight makes it possible to portage it anywhere to access water. It is very stable. I took the seat out and added a thwart with thick padding to rest my back against in addition to my life vest. I sit on the bottom and use a kayak paddle (about 6.5 ft long). The double bladed paddle makes this canoe very maneuverable and fast. It is also quiet and sneaky. I use this kayak for duck hunting and often take my 80 pound dog who sits behind me. I have never tipped it even while shooting from the canoe. I did not see any reviews from hunters, but if this is your sport I can hightly recommend this canoe for that purpose. I own a 15 foot canoe and two Jon boats 10 and 12 foot. This canoe is simply the best all purpose boat I have ever come across. I give it a solid 10. There is absolutely nothing wrong with owning one of these.

MTI Adventurewear: