Submitted: 12-27-2005 by Jeff

I bought a used QCC 700 Kevlar/Carbon last June. The boat was showroom clean with compass, Smart Track Rudder system and thigh braces. What a beautiful boat! I am 6'1" 190 with longer legs and an 11.5 shoe, fit is great. It seems that the forward bulkhead is a little far forward, would probably fit most basketball players. With my long legs 33", I cannot pull my feet out of the boat in a sitting position, makes getting in the boat in waste deep water fun to watch, I'm sure.

I've paddled this boat in Lake Erie, Superior and Huron, including a 5 day trip in Georgian Bay... Kilarny. There has been a great deal said regarding the speed and handling of this boat, I have not been disappointed. I've not paddled with anyone that I could not easily keep up with. I paddle mostly on the Detroit River and have averaged 5mph, gps verified of course, over a 20 mile circumnavigation of Grosse Isle. (an island in the middle of the river with over a 1knot current).

Primary stability on this boat is weaker than my old Perception Eclipse, secondary is awesome stiffening up nicely as you lean her. I learned to roll in this boat, and was successful on my first un-assisted try. This boat tracks ok. On long runs with quartering winds above 6 knot I employ some rudder to conserve energy.

When you load this boat, primary stability increases substantially and so does secondary. I am not an experienced camper, and I get away with murder packing this boat.

My front hatch leaks a little when rolling, my only negative.