Submitted: 10-03-2005 by limeyak
After much research on the internet and at local dealers, I chose the Necky Manitou. Based on my criteria, it looked as though Necky was reading my mind with this kayak!

At 5'11" and 150 lbs, the cockpit opening is perfect size. I have size 11 feet and they are not cramped. The seat adjusts easily. The kayak is light enough to load and unload with ease.

The Manitou tracks very straight, I was very surprised. And stability was much better than anticipated. For a recreational kayak with a width less than 25" I'd say Necky deserves an award for stability.

The bulkhead/hatch... The rear bulkhead is a plus, with the rear hatch that opens for room enough for a full day. I have had it out three times this past week in windy and rainy salt conditions, and I take it to the car wash afterwards for a bath. The rear compartment stays BONE DRY. It is truly waterproof. I really want to give this kayak a 10 but the reason for the 9 is probably why it is so dry back there... the neoprene cover is tricky to put over the opening.

All things considered, I highly recommend this kayak. Necky you did an excellent job with stability and overall design!