Submitted: 09-12-2005 by Adventurer

The Filter was the best I have personally used and have researched. Water filtering is a very basic process with all of the outdoor type models and brands. The main difference is in the mechanical design. As for the recall, it was taken care of. Now in 2005, I have upgraded to the new Katadyn filter since they have purchased the PUR outdoor division a year ago and now have made slight improvements. Improvements were slight however, I wanted to make sure I will have access to replacement cartridges in the years to come. I found a great outfitter that allowed me to trade-in for credit towards the purchase of a new system. The process was simple and fast. No worries, unlike trying to sell anything used in the local paper or over the internet. I have no time to sit around and wait for a buyer or deal with the hassles. I have used my filter in 3rd world countries without an illness. I highly recommend buying a Katadyn microfilter. Avoid buying one of the old PUR filters still around at large sellers. They are over priced since Katadyn now prices improved systems at greater value.