Submitted: 09-01-2005 by jbim

Some time ago I decided I would get a paddling machine to train year-round. After some research, I found two machines that were kayak specific, including the Speedstroke. I chose the Speedstroke mainly because I knew people who had bought it and were very happy with it.

I've been using the Speedstroke for one week, 5 sessions (it replaces the real thing while I wait for my new boat).

I must say that I am very happy with it. The machine is extremely well made; assembly was easy due to the excellent fitment of parts. The flywheel requires adjustments due to the magnetic contact for the computer.

Despite its size, the lightweight allows for easy moving around. I leave it close to a wall and slide it when I train to make the required space.

I find it replicates very well the paddling stroke. It promotes good form and technique of the Hip rotation, and torso, which requires good posture.

I'm fortunate to have a full gym at home. I make good use of all my equipment. The Speedstroke fits nicely in the puzzle. It measures up to the best of any equipment you can buy. If you are a paddler and want to train despite the weather 12 months a year, you owe it to yourself to get one.