Submitted: 08-31-2005 by wes andrenyak

My wife and I purchased our Speedstroke as a Christmas gift for each other this year. We wanted something that would be specific to our exercise needs that would help us stay in shape and be more ready for the flatwater racing season here in Maine that starts in late May. We used it exclusively during the winter and I continue to use during the racing season on days when the weather prohibits practice out on the water. It was the best investment in exercise equipment that we have ever made. The price I found to be comparable to other quality exercise machines.

I found that the machine recreates the full dynamics and motion of the paddling stroke whether you are a recreational paddler or racer using a wing paddle stroke and the resistance is adjustable. You can get one heck of a workout from this machine. You can do a variety of different types of workouts from distance, to intervals, to sprints. The only thing that is missing is the water and the waves.

It was easy to set up and light weight and easy to move around and is very stable with no movement of the machine while it is in use. It is well made and we have had no mechanical problems since we started using it.

I would highly recommend it for anyone out there looking for the perfect alternative when weather conditions or time is a factor in your ability to get a good practice in.