Submitted: 08-23-2005 by feltman
Recently got the new all-carbon Xception SL Tour OS (Super-light oversized) to complement my older style carbon/kevlar Xception Standard Tour (see different review) It is magnificent. All positive aspects listed in my earlier review apply here as well with a few notable exceptions.

This paddle is light: 26oz on my digital scale. As light as the bent shaft Kalliste by Werner. Despite its weight it feels very solid, much more so than a few of the other ultra-light paddles out there. The edges especially are smooth, taper nicely, and are not too thin.

Much more power. Again to compare it to the Kalliste (I assume its main competition) it is about 5% larger and has a shape that, I believe, provides greater flexibility in paddle angle.

It is also a work of art. It's just a beautiful paddle.

I've been using it heavily for over a month and I honestly can't think of anything I don't like about it. I do believe that there is a certain amount of subjectivity when it comes to bent shaft paddles. Everyone's stroke and grip is different. Different paddle brands' bends won't fit everyone the same. So make sure you try them all.

AT's grip has the mildest bend of them all and for me, it's just right. Your results may vary. Also note that I've had outstanding customer service from AT.