Submitted: 08-21-2005 by bryanpsims

This is a follow up to my initial review of a few weeks ago (see entry of 8/2/2005):

After a second demo on the WS Tarpon 140 and a comparison demo on the Tarpon 120, I went ahead and purchased the 140. The 120 was great but I felt the 140 was just a little more stable and a little bit faster.

I went with the new color for this year, Ice (blue with streaks of white) and put it in the water at home for the first time this week. As with my initial demo, it tracked well on the lake despite a steady breeze. Once off the lake, it rode smoothly and quietly up some of the adjacent creeks allowing for some great up close nature watching.

I had heard from one Tarpon owner in person (and a few others via the internet) that they had experienced problems with pin-hole leaks in and around the scuppers. Mine was dry as a bone after the take out and I examined even closer once I got it home.

I'm very happy with my purchase.

Schitt Creek Paddle Wear: