Submitted: 07-22-2005 by Jim S.

I bought this 16'6" Kevlar Holy Cow Prospector in Feb. 2005 on ebay. As with others, this was listed as having a cosmetic blemish. I couldn't find the blemish when I picked it up, the salesperson said that it was probably covered over by the kevlar skidplates that I had added.

I find the canoe paddles fast and straight on open water. It has a small ~2inch keel that runs the length of the boat which improves tracking but makes maneuverability in moving water more difficult.

The canoe paddles great with one or two people in it. Light enough at 52lbs for moderately comfortable portaging on your shoulders even with the noncontoured yoke.

I've run a few shallow rivers with this boat this season and cringed with every rock that I slid over. The Kevlar skidplates definitely limited the damage and I am pleasantly surprised by how few scratches are actually on the hull. I got a beige boat, which really hides the scratches well.

I would recommend this boat highly for anyone looking to do flatwater or slowmoving river touring. If you do alot of faster water or shallow water, I would recommend something with less or no keel.