Submitted: 07-05-2005 by Dave

Best all around canoe I have ever used. No it's not the fastest canoe, nor is it the slowest. Its other traits more then make up for that. It is seaworthy, nearly indestructible, can carry a huge load (I have probably exceeded the rated capacity many times but never felt unsafe) and easy to maintain (If you are real picky a coat of Turtle wax after the spring rinse off keeps her shiny and I think makes her a little faster).

The lanteen rig is fun but sailing performance is admittedly not good. The outboard motor mount with a 2hp engine is a great help getting gear to a camp site. Then pull it off for some fun paddling.

Mine is a handy down from my parents who bought it in 1973. A few minor dings from years of hard use but otherwise in perfect shape. These boats will last. You can't beat them.

NRS: