Submitted: 06-12-2005 by snowgirl913

I purchased the Drifter as my first kayak and I absolutely love it. I took it out on a local lake, and it performed like a dream. The only water that ended up inside of the kayak was my own fault, and was easily taken care of by the bilge sponge (a must have for a sit on top). The scupper stoppers really do make a difference, so I will definitely take them everywhere.

This boat is the first of the fleet I am planning to acquire, but I feel like a sit on top is great for summer use when you want to be out in the sun and have the option of swimming and paddling. I would recommend the drifter to everyone. Having a boat over 12 feet makes for streamline tracking, which is important on longer trips. Anything shorter may start to feel like it is going from side to side.

Finally, the people at Ocean Kayak are great, and were very helpful in making my buying experience great! A+.