Submitted: 06-08-2005 by radar

My wife and I purchased a Spirit II in kevlar flexcor the spring of 04. My only experience being in alum. canoes we wanted something light, tuff, and staple being a family of 4 with 2 dogs and all. Anyway we took it on countless day trips last year and stable are an understatement even with the dogs both in the 60lbs. class two adults and kids a 2 and 4 year old I was only worried about tipping a few time but never did.

Last month it went on its first BWCA trip and I would give it an A. In five days it seemed to have the full spectrum tossed at it from big swirling waves on Snowbank Lake with no oilcanning that I noticed. To lazy walleye fishing on Disappointment and actually being a joy to carry on 200 plus rod portages. Paddled well loaded and unloaded while fishing. The gelcoat took a beating witch I know it would and I managed a small hole in the gelcoat on the keel not the kevlar behind it. From the almighty hidden rock but it was nothing a little good old duct tape couldn't fix till home.

Rain or shine kids or packs or just empty the Spirit II is every thing I read and asked about in making my decision to purchase it and more which was nice to see in today’s day and age.

No, I did not test paddle everything in the Spirit IIs class from other MFGs. but I would be hard pressed to believe there is better.