Submitted: 05-26-2005 by Cliff

Bought a polly 2005 this year and have about 50 hours in it so far, mostly flat water. I love this boat. I never use the rudder or spray skirt and don't miss them (yes the skeg does rattle slightly when deployed). I rolled the boat at least 15 times in a pool one night and never saw a drop in the compartments. I am 6'1" and 185lbs and I usually go out for two hours at a time, and I must say that it is very comfy. I can go fast, but when I want to turn around to see the sites, or lay back to stretch I don't have to worry about tipping over. I have one circuit that includes carrying the boat for almost a quarter mile. However, this is not done easily at all. Many times I wish I had the glass/kevlar boat, but I have yet to cry when scraping rocks (I seem to have a knack for finding them). I know few women that could carry this boat any distance (I would recommend glass for them). I bought this boat last winter without a test paddle based on all the reviews. I am not disappointed at all.

Ostrom Outdoors: