Submitted: 05-10-2005 by Yakographer
Once in a great while you're able to become friends with an inanimate object. Such is the case with me and my Manitou (the 12.8' version, that is -- I have no knowledge about the SPORT version).

I "replaced" my Manitou this year with a kayak which competes with the Manitou that is almost 3 times the price, but I kept the Manitou just in case, and I'm glad I did so.

The Manitou has a seat back angle adjustment that can be adjusted on the fly (just like your car seat), the footpegs can be adjusted while you're in the water, it cuts through the flat water as though it's traveling in air, it tracks divinely, it is friendly, and it is sublime.

I spent 1800 dollars to replace my Manitou but this coming Wednesday I'm taking out the Manitou. We have a date. I love this boat. The designers did well. When you outgrow the Old Town offerings, the Necky Manitou is your next step.

Space Trailers :