Submitted: 04-25-2005 by c2g
Very high volume decked canoe with hull lines reminiscent of a Baidarka. The built quality is extremely good, with exceptional attention to detail. The seat is comfortable with vertical and fore-aft adjustability. The foot pegs/rudder controls are beefy, slide easily, and are probably the best I have seen. The rudder is pretty effective. I did not paddle the boat without the rudder. The gear storage area is cavernous and easily accessible. The boat has excellent speed and glide and does a great job in wind and waves. The initial and secondary stability are very good, although it can feel a bit odd at first because the seat is set a bit higher than it is in other decked canoes. However, I thought that the seat height helped me get a nice, strong paddle stroke. It looks to me like the boat was designed to be paddled with a load. It does well for day paddles, but I think that its real niche is as a big touring boat.