Submitted: 03-31-2005 by Travis Williams

After a year of shopping and comparison my brother and I both decided on the NC 17. Price was not a consideration for either of us and we did look at several boats that were easily $1000 more than the NC. After taking a weekend trip from Anchorage, Alaska to Tacoma for a test paddle we both ordered on the spot with no hesitation. My brother and I have since done several trips in Alaska both in the Prince William Sound and Kenai Fjords. We have absolutely no regrets. I can not think of one thing about my boat that I would change. (I did add a small piece of foam to the back of the seat, but I consider that more a fault of my boney hips than the boat) These boats are amazingly well built with an almost artistic attention to detail, they are fast and stable (especially fully loaded), and are simply gorgeous. If you are considering purchasing a touring kayak, buy an NC quick before they realize how much more they could be charging. If I had paid $1000 more my comments would not change. Thanks NC kayaks and thanks to my brother for coming across the NC web site (the pictures on the web site do not do them justice).

Swift Canoe & Kayak: