Submitted: 03-27-2005 by fotogrl818

Okay, when I first bought this boat in August of 2003 I posted several messages stating it was slow, I couldn't turn it, couldn't keep up. I'm 5'4", 120 lbs, female - thought maybe the boat was too large volume for me. I had been paddling a Betsie Bay Valkyrie, and wanted a larger touring boat. Okay, later that season I did a round Manhattan paddle, and found myself in a tricky situation with an 8 foot backwash from a ferry that sent a friend into a bunch of pilings and a very life-threatening situation. Meanwhile the boat handled like a dream and sat up on those 8 foot wakes like it was parked on a concrete pier. Hmmm - I started to like the boat. The following summer I paddled it from Albany to the Battery and found myself out in front of the crowd most of the time. Bottom line? It's the best boat I've ever paddled - handles like a dream, and rock solid. Comfy as hell, too. The front and rear hatches leak a couple of teaspoons on a 6 hour paddle - the compass and the skeg are at fault, I'm sure, cause the day hatch is dry as a bone. But that's what the dry bags are for, and I can live with a few ounces of water...I LOVE THIS BOAT!

Suspenz: