Submitted: 07-29-2004 by cc

I'm new to canoeing, and this is my first canoe. I tried out an OT Kineo at a rental, and then bought the guide. Overall, I really enjoyed this canoe. The initial stability is a little wobbly, but my wife or I didn't mind it at all. You get used to it after a few minutes, and we never felt unsafe. It is easier to steer than th kineo, and I believe it even tracks better than the kineo. It is heavy, but with a little practice my petite wife and i are able to load it on top of our trooper. Im very pleased with this canoe, and I'm glad that I didn't settle for a Pelican. This boat is a great boat for a first timer. I also, paddled solo for a mile or so, while my wife was recovering. I found this boat to be easily controllable for a solo. I would prefer a kayak paddle for a solo job though.

Backwater Paddle Company: